I bought a trailer from Husky Cargo.I paid half down and was told it would be ready in 4-6 weeks.

It took 3 months. At week 5 I called and learned only that it wasn't ready, no idea of when it would be. After 6 weeks I still had no answers. I started calling every couple of days.

They only answered the phone a couple of times or returned my calls and didn't give me any answers. I talked to the plant manager once who was rude and insulting. I finally got a call that it SHOULD be ready on a certain day. I started my 1500 mile trip with only a hope that I had a trailer.

I called all the way there to make sure it was ready. Of course I got no answer.

My trailer was ready but the spare tire was missing and the stabilizers were put on backwards.Two days after I got I home, I got an email that the company had been seized by its creditors.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "i just want people to know not to do business with these people". The author is overall dissatisfied with Husky Cargo. The most disappointing about husky cargo pup series trailer from Husky Cargo was no contact with me , but reviewer liked product. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Husky Cargo.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Dealers category for more informed decision or compare Husky Cargo to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Husky Cargo?

Comments

I had a very similar issue.I ordered my trailer on 3/12/2015 and it was to take a couple weeks to complete.

After a few weeks, I started asking questions because nobody was returning calls and people were leaving the company. I kept getting promises that my build was about to start, but it seemed like I was getting the blow off. On 7/1/2015, I was told my frame went to the welding shop for the build process, should only be about 4 to 5 days to complete. On 7/16/2015, I received an email stating that the company was in receivership for non-payment of bills.

The email I received contained a number to call in regards to my money/trailer status and to call and leave a message. As instructed, I called and left a VM for a call back. Further investigation on my part determined that Dexter Axles filed a motion in Polk County for their credit issues. I also heard that the Sheriff had secured the location as well.

The next day, I received a call, informing me that because my trailer was partially built, it would be completed as contracted within a few more days, as they were waiting on supplies to complete my trailer (my trailer was ordered with a multi-color outside + aluminum diamond plate ATP rock protection around the bottom as a skirt as well, causing the added delays). A few days later, I was contacted to pickup the trailer, I live about 2 hours away from the plant and I had to bring cash at pickup. Upon arrival, I found the trailer to be in good...

The trailer was also missing the spare tire, the ramp flap and no tag light was installed on the trailer. For this, they worked out the missing cost of these items and offered me several items in exchange, making the sale good in my eyes. (I was given about $600 in E-track and cargo securing products as well as a tongue lock and was handed the flap that was supposed to me installed, which I installed myself after the sale. I was one of the very lucky ones, in a very bad situation.

I do like my trailer and have had not had any issues with my trailer as far as structural integrity, skins, towing/tracking issues or any other problems. (it's been a year so far) I know there's no warranty of any kind from a defunct company, but they built a solid trailer.

I am hoping my luck with this stays the same and will not need to regret having not had any warranty.