Husky Cargo - Shocked to see they are out of business.

4.4
Insurance Quality

I purchased a 24' car hauler custom made. Trailer was delivered on time and for a great price.

I have used it for 4 yrs now. Only got about 6k mi on it but it has served me well. St. Louis to Punta Gorda Fl.

a few times. Was in the market for another and was looking for them. Now I have learned of there going out of business. Lots of bad dealings with them.

That's a shame.

It seems you mostly hear about the bad experiences that people have with a company so I decided to write this review.

I am sure that there are many other happy customers. Just the unhappy and poorly treated squeak the loudest.

My sympathy to the unhappy ones.

Reason of review: Good quality.

I liked: Price and quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 30.

Comments

I also bought a trailer from them. Seems I am one of the lucky ones. Delivery was way behind schedule but theee years later I am still using the trailer.

Husky Cargo - Ok product

Trailer was late in being manufactured. Price was cheap enough for what I ordered. The tires didn’t last, but the trailer is still in service two years later.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 15.

Husky Cargo - 8 X 12 steel good

4.3
Interest Rate

I brought my husky trailer 4 years ago today ,had no problems with it. Still good, I do a yearly maintenance on it andl put some Rust-Oleum touch up paint where spots needed .love it .I got it for great prices before they went out of business.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 28.

Husky Cargo - I 38' trailer enclosed total loss

1.8
Insurance Quality

I bought a 38' enclosed trailer Had it built with the wall beams for beams and roof beams on 12" centers that's the only reason the trailer didn't implode I was pulling it with my Fl 60 When all of a sudden the 5th wheel plate broke off the stem the stem went down in the well on my FL60 pushed me off into the shoulder and then the trailer rolled I had HHR Chevy in the back with some personal items not enough to even have half the weight load capacity of the trailer totaled my truck and the trailers heavily damaged so my loss is $17000 basically the insurance wouldn't pay for the trailer because the tongue the 5th wheel plate broke they said it was product driven loss Now I haven't been able to reach anybody or get anything done this is now going to be 2018 and 3 days if anybody knows how we can get a lawsuit gone against these people or find somebody that can answer questions contact me my name is Phil at 6059416648 I'd even be willing to go in on a lawsuit

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 28, 2017.

Comments

When did this happen? We had a similar incident as well!

to Upset Consumer #1433782

Sorry for the late response this happened the in 2015

Husky Cargo - Crap, crap, crap

Insurance Quality

Lowes sells better trailers than these fraudsters. I had to have the new axles repaired, because the trailer kept blowing tires when I ran it on the interstate, by a suspension specialist.

They told me the axles were off center by 3 " and it looked like they just bolted the axles on without aligning them the center of the trailer. This could have caused the axles to blow out the tires at high speed and was extremely dangerous because that could have caused my vehicle and trailer to flip over at high speeds on the interstate.

This company is dangerous and puts lives over money. BUYERS BEWARE AND RUN THE OTHER WAY.

Product or Service Mentioned: Husky Cargo Trailer.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 26, 2017.

Husky Cargo - They suck

Interest Rate

BUYER BEWARE - STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS - Husky Cargo, LLC Fitzgerald, GA Actually a -5 should apply. This place sells junk.

I only have about 500 miles on the trailer I BOUGHT FROM THESE GUYS NEW and the rear axle burned up after it blew out 3 tires because it was wobbling and I didn't realize it. I brought it to an axle repair specialist shop and they said my problems were due to the fact that these idiots didn't pack the axle with grease and the bearings burned up. I had to have all 4 wheels bearings replaced and grease packed after only 500 miles. Also, both of the back door spring loaded cables broke after I had the trailer for a year and hardly used it.

Lowe's sells a better trailer than these jokers. I know because I have a trailer I bought from Lowe's 10 years ago and it still is in great shape.

The Georgia attorney Generals office needs to shut this business down after reading all complaints on Facebook , Twitter etc against this business. Husky Cargo, LLC, do us all a favor and shut your crappy business down./ Sincerely A ripped off, pissed off victim Jon

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Close this business down.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 28, 2017.

Husky Cargo - Thieves

I, like most people here, ordered a custom car trailer ($22,000) and had to put $10,000 down. The trailer never got built, and the promised refund never got sent.

I had to sue to get my money back, and Michael Gatewood fought me hard in court to make ME look like the bad guy. The judge ordered him to give me my money back, he told me in open court I'd "never see a penny of my money".

He was right, he defied the court order and never paid a cent of it. So, I'm out a good $12,000 counting my travel across the country for court, court costs, etc.

Product or Service Mentioned: Husky Cargo Trailer Construction.

Reason of review: Stealing my money.

I didn't like: Crooks.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 11, 2017.

Husky Cargo trailer was a good deal for me.

4.2
Interest Rate

I got a Husky Cargo trailer I guess right before they went out of business. I had to wait a few extra weeks for it, and it was delivered right before Memorial Day of 2015.

The trailer was put together well, but not a lot of attention was put into having all the frames and stuff perfectly measured. My studs range from 22" to 26". I don't mind though, and since I paid $4,000 less than ANYWHERE else, I'm not bothered by it at all.

I have about 5,000 miles on mine now from the last year and a half or so, and I haven't had any issues. If they were still in business I would recommend them actually.

Product or Service Mentioned: Husky Cargo Trailer Construction.

Reason of review: Fair pricing.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 03, 2016.

Husky Cargo - Will not resolve issues with new trailer.

Interest Rate

Purchased a new trailer and had it delivered and immediately discovered multiple defects. The biggest defect was the ramp door would not close properly, leaving a gap on the left side.

The seamless siding was loose, they forgot to install the ramp door flap, 1 led was defective, the jack was damaged, there were drill marks in the paint, the ramp latch was cracked and broke within weeks, and after a few months the floor is beginning to bow at the front corner. I have contacted Husky cargo multiple times, filed a BBB complaint, and wasted countless hours and have ultimately decided they have no intention of making right on their mistakes.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Ripped off.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 25, 2016.

Husky Cargo - Simple Review #1475870711

Yellville, Arkansas

Well i guess i was just lucky. Ordered a 24 foot trailer in october of 2014 with some special ordered items like 12 inch longer tung wider side door roof wired for air conditioning.

Company called in January and said trailer was done come and get it.

I live in Arkansas picked up trailer in Florida took it home. Had the trailer for two years now with no problems.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 07, 2016.